söndag 27 november 2011

Christmas creations

Coffee after church. A few weeks ago I was working on a label for a Christmas coffee for Skafferi. The old cathedral of Porvoo is a challenge. The same church has been used in labels before, for example in this classic finnish chalk package. I ended up removing everything around the cathedral and making it look like a movable miniature building. The first version (above) is wobbly in a nice way, but it needed some background to stand out. Also, there´s a error that irritates me. Look at the big window on the left, follow the line up to the nook, and you notice it is in the wrong place. It should be in the middle of the wall, the church is very symmetric. The next version is the one that´s used. Here:

The background is thick prussian blue gouache with a little titanium white in it, and the snow is just titanium white spots. Yesterday I went to see how it looks in the shop:



After a few days of negativity looming over me, it felt really nice to see this! I really hope this label will have a life as long as the chalk box from the 1930´s:-)


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar