torsdag 5 januari 2012

Finding my forest


Take 1. Too realistic, too much green for my taste. I still like the stems of the pine trees, they look just the way they did in my childhood forests.


Take 2. Oops, here I tilted maybe too far from the realism. It looks cold and cactuslike. But I like the simplicity (+ this was easy to paint).


Take 3. I think this is getting close to what I want. I went out and took photos of under vegetation, and found the right colors and light from there. I would never have thought about using lilac, but when I saw it in the photo and tried it it was perfect. Here, a small portion of the photo as well.

2 kommentarer:

  1. Jag gillar också sista alternativet bäst, får lite John-Bauer-vibbar av den!

    p.s. ska snart maila dig! d.s.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Tack, väntar på mail då!

    SvaraRadera