måndag 27 februari 2012

Out of a box


My gallery. I have been looking for a perfect dollhouse for a mini gallery for some time, but the good looking ones were too expensive and the cheap ones were plastic, ugly or both. At Moderna museet in Stockholm I found this balsa tree box in the museum shop for around 400 Swedish krowns. It´s made by the danish company nomess. It´s simple, light and has a soft surface that you can paint. (Does anyone know if I should use a fixative when painting with gouache on balsa???) It has a lid, so my plan is I can easily transport it or even send it by mail (if I glue everything really good to the walls and floor...) First the box is travelling to Miniland in Vichtis, the place where I got the idea. I don´t know when it will happen, maybe this summer, maybe later. Miniland a heaven for people who like dollhouses and miniature racing cars. There everything is tiny, and I thought it would be a good place to exhibit, while I´m very, very scared of taking that step. This would be a way to do it i smyg, secretly, like Lotta in Astrid Lindgrens book Visst kan Lotta cykla.


I´m building a child´s room with a window (the blank spot) and paintings on the walls (one is ready, it´s leaning the wall. The model is a painting I have made for a project. The difficult part will be to paint details inside the box. It would have been easier if I could take the box apart, but I´m afraid it wouldn´t look that good after the operation. The coffee cup in the picture is maybe 2 cm across, so it´s way too big for this box. It´s just there to give perspective. The wooden paintable dollhouse frame is from Miniland. One thing bugs me. A few weeks ago I bought a perfect rug for the room at Riimikko in Old Porvoo. And now I can´t find it anywhere. So now I have to clean the place to find the missing 3x5 cm rug. It looks just like the one I have in the painting:


So if you have seen it, please tell me...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar